How many times have you sat there and thought of a great idea that you became really excited about, only to let it drift away because you did not know how to turn it into a reality? Why does this happen?
Your self-talk may be getting in the way. You know, that little voice that runs through your head all day long, telling you that you can't do it, that it is impossible, that you’re crazy. Language is very powerful and all of those negative thoughts you repeat to yourself all day long take their toll and may lead you down the path of stagnation.
Here is the great news. As powerful as those negative thoughts are, the positive thoughts are just as powerful. The truth is that you can create what you want. To demonstrate the process, try this exercise and see just how powerful you really are.
1. Think about your idea. This sounds really obvious, but how many times do you get a glimmer of something really great and then just push your thoughts away? Instead, try sticking with it. When you start to see a clear picture in your head, your idea has become real to both your heart and your mind -- the most powerful of all combinations.
2. Focus on what you want by using powerful, positive, specific language. We are taught to express things in terms of what we don't want, not what we do want. For example, we are taught to say, “I don't want to be trapped,” versus “I want freedom.” The statement “I want freedom” is so much more powerful. This simple shift of focus is all it takes to put you on the path to abundance. Here is a good way to start making this shift:
-Sit down with yourself and think about what you want. Just free flow what ever comes into your mind; just make sure you write it down as a positive statement.
-When you have created your list, start to define it. The more specific you make it the better. Remember you can't turn an idea into a reality when you can't define it. At this point, don't worry about how you are going to get it. Just start to really conceptualize your idea.
-Once you have created your list create one powerful message that sums up all of your requirements and post it somewhere where you can read it every single day. Seeing this statement every day will be inspiring and a very powerful tool to help you focus on what you want. You can read your extensive list every week or so to keep you motivated and focused.
3. Use your feelings as a guide. Now it is time to see what opportunities are out there waiting for you. The amazing thing about this process is that you will start to receive all sorts of messages, but you have to pay attention. Out of the blue, you will see an article about your idea. Read the article, discover more, and do research. Does it fit your criteria? How do you feel about it? Do you feel excited or bored? Now here is the important part. Go with how you feel. Your feelings will never steer you wrong. If you feel excited, learn more, and follow the path. If you feel bored, let it go and forget about it. You will get messages thorough the process to let you know you are attracting what you want. Follow through and begin to take action on what you find exciting.
4. Trust. Believe that this will work and that every opportunity that presents itself is leading you to where you need to be. You are learning the lessons you need to learn right now and you will attract that on which you focus.
5. Acknowledge. When you receive the positive messages, acknowledge them, write them down, and be grateful. All of this positive energy will grow and create more abundance, which you will see throughout your entire life. You will start to see all of the wonderful things in your life, and you will start to feel a sense of strength and well-being. This is your body telling you that you are on the right path. Acknowledge it and give thanks.
You already possess all the strength and knowledge that you need to turn your ideas into a reality. You have just never been taught to apply it. If you let go of the struggle, get focused, and listen to the messages, you can create the life you want.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Jennifer Ottolino is a Personal and Professional Coach who works with individuals to create there ideal personal and professional life. We all have a path, are you walking yours? Visit her website at http://coachjen.com or subscribe to her monthly newsletter at Lifetips@coachjen.com.(Please note that the link provided by the author is no longer valid. There were no other current links given at the time it was published on this site.)